Storybook Favorites

Happily Ever Whatever by Ashley Cornett was the first storybook that caught my attention! The title pulled me in and the introduction got me to read through the entire storybook. I somewhat had an inkling of what the storybook was going to be about because of the picture Ashley added to her introduction. Ashley wrote about princesses and their happily ever after stories; however, she added in a little twist to the stories. Every story I read through reminded me of Disney movies and made it very nostalgic for me. The general storyline was kept the same as the movies, but there were some differences to make her story truly unique.




Character Therapy: Healing in Stories by Kim Burns was the second storybook I was interested in. After I finished reading through Kim’s introduction, I wanted to continue to read because of how the stories were going to be set up. I was also wondering if I could relate to any of the characters of their stories and I did! After reading the second story, I instantly felt a connection with one of the characters because I somewhat went through the same situation as them. However, after thinking about it, I felt a connection with all of the characters. I have experienced these types of situations one way or another. Whether it actually happened to me or to the people who surrounds me.



The last storybook I decided to look at was Hero Visa Pending by Elizabeth Harper. I read through the introduction and I felt very indifferent towards this storybook. I did not know if I wanted to continue reading it or stopped, so I gave it a chance and read the first story. After that, I decided to stop because it was not of my interest. However, I did like how Elizabeth added her own poem to the front of the storybook.




-->
Image result for corgi
(Picture of a Corgi. Web source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/evocateur/6343277888)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction: A Little About Me aka AMORE

Week 14 Story: The Golden Necklace