Introduction: A Little About Me aka AMORE

Hello everyone, my name is Tracy! My major is chemical bioscience with a minor in psychology and concentration in pre-PA. I know... it sounds tough and people are always shocked when I tell them, but it is honestly not that bad! Yes... there are times where I am drowning in the schoolwork, but overall, I like the classes I have to take for this major. Well, except Human Anatomy. That class has got to be the hardest class on campus. I believe it is harder than organic chemistry! Don't believe it? Take it and see for yourself. Just kidding, don't suffer like I did.

Personal picture of this view in Baltimore; photo from May 2019.

School is in session again and I am glad to be back, but at the same time, I am not. I'm missing summer a little extra this year because I had so much free time to travel and see people I couldn't see during the school year. This summer, I traveled to Baltimore for a convention with my sorority, took numerous trips to different parts of Texas to visit some of my friends, and went to Colorado for a music festival. After all of these trips, you could say I'm the definition of a broke college student.

   
Fresh oysters I came across in 
Baltimore; photo from May 2019. 

Before summer started, I planned on taking a summer class and getting in shadowing and patient care hours for PA school, but it did not go as planned. I just had too much fun this summer and now that we're back, I need to get back into school mode; it is so hard for me, though. I am pretty sure you all can agree with me on that one! For this semester, my goal is to get a 4.0 GPA and focus on school instead of going out all of the time. I messed up my GPA sophomore year and accepted it. Therefore, it is 4.0 season baby! I hope everyone has a good semester!






Comments

  1. Ahhh, yes, Tracy: Human Anatomy class! Based on what I've heard from other students, I can pretty much guarantee that this class will be less stressful than Human Anatomy class. Maybe as post-Anatomy-class therapy, you could do an anatomy-inspired Storybook for this class focusing on characters whose anatomy is, well, different, like Narasimha, the Vishnu avatar who is half human, half lion, or Ganesha, who ended up with the head of an elephant stuck on his body, or Kabandha, who, well, just look: image of Kabandha. There are also some great medical topics you could pursue in the epics too: there are lots of battles, and where there are battles, that means there are wounds... and those wounds require doctoring! So keep an eye out, and I am guessing you will find all kinds of stories of mythological interest for a future PA! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracy! Chemical bioscience sounds like a very fun major. I love chemistry, but as a civil engineering major I rarely get to use it. I haven't personally taken Human Anatomy, but I have heard horror stories from friends. I definitely agree that it has been very hard to get into school mode again. Here I am doing homework on a Saturday night because I've procrastinated and been with friends/participating in my club I'm involved in instead of doing homework (and don't want to do it tomorrow since there's a football game). Good luck on the pursuit for the 4.0!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tracy its nice to meet you I was a Pre med Microbiology major and took anatomy my sophomore year of classes here at OU and I agree with you there is so much terminology to memorize organic chemistry was a way better class for me I am glad you are doing good with Chemical bioscience though I have completely shifted to Pre Law- Political Science.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tracy! Being pre-med is really awesome and I'm glad that you're not finding it too bad! Your summer also seems really amazing, so I can see why you're not thrilled to be back. I love just getting time to travel and enjoy yourself. Your pictures from Baltimore are really pretty too, so I'll have to add it to my bucket list. And you got it this semester! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy! Wow, a major in "chemical bioscience with a minor in psychology and concentration in pre-PA" does sound incredibly hard and daunting. I had to Google "pre-PA" to see what exactly what that intails. What made you decide on the pre-PA route instead of the pre-med route? Both are way over my head. I've never been to Baltimore but your picture is awesome and makes me want to go. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tracy,

    Yeah, your major and coursework do not sound fun. I have heard similar things about anatomy, but I have also heard that it is great course because of everything you get to learn and see. I always wanted to take, but it is not part of my plan (pre-med). I am jealous of your summer. I took classes and worked all summer so I did not get to travel as much as I would have liked. I am sure you will get a 4.0 this semester, I hope that I can do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tracy! Your major and minor definitely sound tricky but rewarding! It’s good to know that you’re liking the classes you’re taking. It makes it a little bit less challenging. I know a few people who have taken Human Anatomy and… best of luck to you! It sounds difficult, but you’re gonna do great! I hope the remainder of your semester goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tracy! To me, an English major, your studies sound about as hard as they come. I took an anatomy and physiology class in high school, and it was not a good time for me, so I can't imagine what it's like at the college level. I think it's awesome that you got to travel this past summer! Traveling is so fun, and I want to do more traveling, too! I hope your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Tracy! It was nice getting to know you through your post! I think it is awesome that you found a major that you really enjoy. I also agree with you on Human Anatomy. I have heard it is incredibly hard so props to you for taking it and making it out ok. I think that it is really cool that you mentioned you travelled this summer. It would be really cool to take time just to explore the world. Nice getting to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tracy!! I am a psychology major. I really hope you enjoy taking classes in psychology as much as I do. It is so interesting to learn about the mind, personalities, and most other things related to your minor and my major. I have also heard that anatomy is extremely difficult. I am going to take your advice and not take it ever. I hope you have a great rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tracy!
    Not sure how this is the first time I’ve run across your intro, but here I am. The last day of the semester! It sounds like you had a very interesting summer! I love to travel and do it as often as I can. Ive never been to Boston though. It looks like a fascinating place to travel. Good luck with your remaining studies and I hope you achieved your 4.0 this semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14 Story: The Golden Necklace