Reading Notes: Week 2 Anthology

After reading through all of the stories, there were many stories that stood out more than the others. I really enjoyed reading The Foolish, Timid RabbitThe Cunning Crane and The Crab, and Goblin City. In all three of the stories, one or more of the characters are being deceived because they are not very observant of their surroundings. 

I really liked the moral lesson of The Foolish, Timid Rabbit because it is relatable. The lesson of this story is to think for yourself before believing what others say because not all rumors are true. It sucks to say this but I am a victim of believing rumors right off the bat. It's crazy how rumors can spread so fast like the rumor in the story. On another note, I liked how the author used animals instead of people, too! I feel like it is easier to name an animal instead of using a name in stories, but that might just be me. 

Illustration by W. Robinson

My favorite story was The Cunning Crane and The Crab because of the lesson, and the problem solving skills the crab used. Again, I liked how the author used animals instead of people for the characters, but I guess it makes sense in this story if you think about the visuals. The lesson of this story is to be aware of your surroundings and to not put full trust in someone you just met. I tend to trust people easily until they give me reasons not to. Sometimes, I will test the waters and see if they are trustworthy or not. It is scary how you can put your trust into someone and they ruin it by one mistake. 

And the last story I liked was Goblin City. I really liked the idea of the story and may reference this story for when I write one! It amazes me how people are so gullible and easily deceived sometimes. In this story, the sailors fell to the goblins' fake disguises and some of them founded death because they didn't believe one of their fellow sailors when he told them the woman's they married are goblins. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction: A Little About Me aka AMORE

Week 14 Story: The Golden Necklace