One of my Favorite Places: Colorado


What is my favorite place? I could go with Cancun, but... it was so hot over there when I went. I could also go with Texas but it is like my second home there. I had many other options but Colorado would have to be my favorite place. I have only been there twice in my entire lifetime and I absolutely loved it there! Well... except when it's all snowy and I have to drive...


Colorado Springs, Colorado. In March 2018, I visited Colorado Springs with a couple of my friends for the first time. We left really late; therefore, we didn't arrive until night time. I honestly didn't realize we would wake up to seeing mountains! It's pretty fascinating that Coloradan's wake up and see mountains everyday because we definitely don't see that in Oklahoma. 

During my trip, we visited Twin Peaks. Let me tell you this, the view was absolutely breathtaking. I uploaded a photo down below for you all to see! 


(Image Information: personal image of the mountains at Twin Peaks; photo from March 2018.)


Without a doubt, Garden of the Gods is a place you must visit if you are ever in Colorado Springs! I wished I was able to take more pictures when I went but the scenery was so beautiful that I had to stop and take it all in. The photo I uploaded below doesn't do the views any justice, so I guess you'll have to go there one day and see for yourself!

(Image Information: personal photo of the views at Garden of the Gods; photo from March 2018.)




Denver, Colorado. I loved Colorado the first time I visited, so I had to come back again! I was there recently in July for a music concert with some friends; however, it was pouring rain on one of the days, so this time around it was not as memorable. Although it wasn't as great as my first time here, I still made many memories. 

During this trip, we got to explore Denver area. Downtown Denver is amazing because of the Union Station in my opinion. I was able to take many photos there! I was lucky enough to get this picture with my boyfriend before it got all dark and gloomy. 



















(Image Information: personal photo of my boyfriend and
I at the Union Station in Denver; photo from July 2019.)








Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, Tracy, your photos are so cool, especially that one from Garden of the Gods: wow! And that is such a cool connection to the role of the Himalayas in the Indian tradition: it is very much the garden of the gods also; the god Shiva and goddess Parvati live on Mount Kailash in the Himalayas... you will be running into them as you start reading the epics in Week 3! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos -- such a treat seeing this on Laura 's blogstream page (via Twitter). I'm in Colorado -- not near mountains but in flat, northeast corner -- and will share post on my community page. Colorado scenery is always popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that being in Oklahoma where we see the Great Plains its nit every day we see mountains I got to go see Colardo Springs this summer with my family and I must say it is absolutely beautiful trekking, hiking and just having a chill day gazing at the lake for hours and admiring the beaut of the nature is the life everyone wants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tracey, your pictures are absolutely gorgeous and really make me want to visit Colorado. I've heard such amazing things about it and everything you've talked about makes it sound even better. I like how you talk about each specific place too. Really cool to see! I've never heard of people talking about the Garden of the Gods but your picture looks so stunning and makes me really want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy! Colorado is gorgeous!!! The summer after 8th grade (I think) my family flew out to Denver, rented a car, and drove down through the Rockies eventually stopping at the Grand canyon. It was a very cool trip. If all goes well, I will be heading out to Fort Collins, CO in November to attend the Blasting Room 25th Anniversary Concert to see ALL, Rise Against, Armchair Martian, A Wilhelm Scream, Audio Karate, Hagfish, and the Descendents (just to name a few). And if you have no idea who any of those bands are, don't worry...it's just a bunch of nerdy punk rock stuff. One last thing, your pictures are really really good!!! You have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction: A Little About Me aka AMORE

Week 14 Story: The Golden Necklace